Do I retake the MCAT in april?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MysticHealer

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, here's my delema. I took the MCAT in Aug. got 9 Verb, 11 Phys, 10 Bio. I'm currently a jounior. Is it best that i take it in april so that i can have my applications for the fall in on time? I'm looking into UMDNJSOM and Chichago College of Osteopathy and who ever else has a DO-Phd. Unfortuately I'm aslo looking into MD-PhD programs. Any opinions on applying to both at the same time?
Thanks,
Mike

Members don't see this ad.

I'd think that for combined degree programs (MD-PhD and DO-PhD), that your research and extracurricular interests and records would play a large part in your eventual acceptance into programs. There are plenty of folks pursuing these types of combined degree programs with 30 MCAT scores. Having a 33+ would probably be helpful (the greater the score the better, most likely), but if I were you, I'd call the directors of the programs you are interested in and ask them frankly if your score would prevent you from being considered.

Your mileage may vary...