Do I retake this class? Physics grade B-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mriyain

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

In physics 1 I received a B-, and I anticipate a C in physics 2. I *want* to retake physics 1 to solidify my learning/understanding of the topic especially for the MCAT, but should I? Would look bad if I retook it at a CC and messed up and got a B+ or something? That's what I don't want to risk.

If a B- is "fine", is there a way to take physics 1 with a rigid real-class structure not for credit that y'all know of? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

In physics 1 I received a B-, and I anticipate a C in physics 2. I *want* to retake physics 1 to solidify my learning/understanding of the topic especially for the MCAT, but should I? Would look bad if I retook it at a CC and messed up and got a B+ or something? That's what I don't want to risk.

If a B- is "fine", is there a way to take physics 1 with a rigid real-class structure not for credit that y'all know of? Thanks!!

I would spend the time studying for the MCAT and making at least a B in Physics 2. Physics 2 really at most universities doesn't build much off 1. A retake of a B- to an A would get you maybe a .01 or .02 point improvement in your sgpa? If you took it and made the same or worse then it could hurt you.

The MCAT doesn't focus heavily now at all on physics and it can ask from physics 1 or 2. You're better off imo focusing elsewhere (like biochem) and earning A's.

Reactions: 1 user
If your sciGPA and cumulative is > 3.4 (mainly science though)... don't worry about it. Work hard on the MCAT to offset any imbalance.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your sciGPA and cumulative is > 3.4 (mainly science though)... don't worry about it. Work hard on the MCAT to offset any imbalance.
haha I wish..my science GPA is at like a 2.7 and I'm currently planning on retaking a lot of courses

haha I wish..my science GPA is at like a 2.7 and I'm currently planning on retaking a lot of courses
I would not worry about retaking to solidify the material covered in physics 1. If you do any sort of MCAT course Kaplan, Princeton, or even Khan Academy they cover it better then a course would. It is because those sources teaches not only the material but how to attack MCAT specific questions. Also those really are the few sources you can use that are no credit and give you a good understanding. Don't worry about a B-, I had a couple of those. Hell, I even had a C. Just focus on getting good grades now show an upwards trend so you can break a 3.2 and do good on MCAT. BOOM! You're solid.

Then the least of your worries right now is a B- in just physics.
got it! just trying to plan for future semester course loads--fully aware that I've had lower grades to replace.

Reactions: 1 user