Do I stand a good chance at getting into a 0+6 program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Velma Dinkley

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've applied to a few 0+6 universities like Rutgers and USP, but I'm not sure what my odds of getting in are!

3.75 GPA ( Near 4.0 in science. )
29 ACT
Shadowed a pharmacist, wrote a decent personal statement.

Do I have a shot even?
 
I am about to graduate from a 0-6 program. Your GPA and ACT are fine. Extracurriculars in high school make a big difference on an application. Where you involved, did community service, worked a part time job, etc?
 
Like I said before, everything you've done will play into your admission. My school put a lot of emphasis on taking AP and honors classes, along with being actively involved during high school. Leadership experience does help but I don't think it was essential. Also having a part time job showing that you can balance work with school might help.