Do I still have a chance at PT School??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlrogers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so I just received my transcript from my art appreciation class and the professor gave me a D, and I have no clue how when I aced every test except one I got a B on and did every assignment. So, I talked to the office and they said she doesn't have to change it if she doesn't want to which is totally wrong because I earned an A in that class. So, if I can not get here to go back and correct it I am stuck with a D and I was wondering if this will affect me when I apply to PT school. Can someone please help?

Members don't see this ad.

To put it bluntly, a D in any class will hurt you to some extent, depending on what that class is. Since it's art appreciation, you might be able to get away with it, but it does lower your GPA somewhat. Try to get it corrected. But before you got your transcript, were you not given a semester report of all your semester grades? Did you catch it then?

This is what you have to do. Go through your college catalog and examine the policy on challenging a given grade. The first step is to try and resolve the grade with the professor. That is important. The professor has a right to be addressed of a grading issue first - unless you fear him or her for some reason. If that does not work, there is usually a formal written petition you can initiate. This will go straight to the department chair. If the department chair can not resolve the issue (I've never heard them fail), you will have an opportunity to have your case reviewed by an academic board. Action must be taken immediately. Most schools will not allow a grade petition to be filed after the end of the following term. Good luck.