Do I still have hope getting interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Souidan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am a non-US IMG who applied to neurology this season (total of 112 programs) - 236 on Step 1 - 239 on CK - CS Pass - YOG is 2019 and got to do 1 month of neurology in the US with 1 Lor from the US and 2 from my home country All first attempt. I didn't have the chance to apply on Sept. 15th. Till now I still got no interviews except for few rejections.
I am worried as I know that October is the month where most of the interviews come out.
Any ideas on this?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

There's probably a thread in the Neurology forum that will give you some more information (please don't repost this there). You should also be considering backup plans like FM or IM.

I didn't have the chance to apply on Sept. 15th.
How late did you apply?

Either extreme is bad--if you applied on 9/20 then I worry that your application wasn't competitive for some reason, if you applied last week then I worry that you applied after all the interviews went out. Unfortunately, while all hope is not lost--all you need is one interview--you should start thinking about what you'll do if you do wind up having to reapply next year, including considering another specialty.