Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DO in WI?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Barton, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey. I'm a pre-med student at the University of Wisconsin Madison and am interested in learning more about osteopathic medicine and perhaps shadowing a DO. I was wondering if anybody knows of any DO's in the Madison/southern WI area, or of any referral services that would have this type of info. Any help would be much appreciated. PS-I have already checked the AOA website's DO referral page. It's a dead end.

2. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Did you try the phone book? White/Yellow pages? Also, you might want to try your local hospital and ask if they have an osteopathic physician on staff, or better yet ask if they have a list of physicians that you can look through....

3. Popoy

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Here's a place to call:

Wisconsin Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons, Oconomowoc
    (262) 567-0520

I'm not sure to what extent they'll help you but I was just going through search engines to find some type of resource for you.... Just tryin' to help....

4. Popoy

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Here's another link that can get you started on trying to contact people:
    http://www.wpsic.com:8080/medicare_web/SilverStream/Pages/Level_3_Psearchs_Fin al.html?pageID=463

I'm not familiar with WI but the site provides contact places if you identify the county, city, specialty.... I hope it works.... BTW, I believe this is to search any type of doc....

Site after site I always get the Wisconsin Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons, Oconomowoc(262) 567-0520 for contact information regarding Osteopathic physicians.... That's all I got for now....

5. gower

gower 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

When all else fails, you might try asking Ms Yvonne Bowen, Letters & Science, 25 Ingraham Hall, 1150 Observatory Drive. 608/262-1849; FAX: 608/262-5915;
    [email protected]

Ms Bowen is the pre-health professions advisor and might just have some resource material to help you out and she might know what other students before you did to find what you seek.

6. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]