DO shadowing with interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted975457

I have an MD letter and shadowing plus a ton of professional clinical experience (nontrad), no DO shadowing and no DO letter. I have 3 DO interviews and 3 MD lined up right now, should I pursue DO shadowing or is receiving an interview indicative that I look fine on paper and just put my time into interview prep?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an MD letter and shadowing plus a ton of professional clinical experience (nontrad), no DO shadowing and no DO letter. I have 3 DO interviews and 3 MD lined up right now, should I pursue DO shadowing or is receiving an interview indicative that I look fine on paper and just put my time into interview prep?

Do you have any experience with DOs? Ever worked with one or been treated by one? I don't have a DO letter and haven't shadowed one, and I plan on just giving my experiences with DOs when asked "why DO?"

Do you have any experience with DOs? Ever worked with one or been treated by one? I don't have a DO letter and haven't shadowed one, and I plan on just giving my experiences with DOs when asked "why DO?"

I've been treated by a DO and I'm actually really into the DO philosophy. But I don't have any concrete shadowing and stuff like that to back it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
My opinion? That's good enough. I will let you know in 10 days after my first DO interview though :thumbup:

You're fine, unless you're interested in those schools that require a DO LOR.
Remember, lacking a DO lOR/shadowing won't hurt, but having it WILL help.

I've been treated by a DO and I'm actually really into the DO philosophy. But I don't have any concrete shadowing and stuff like that to back it up.
Having exposure to OMT and having been treated by a DO, (I'm assuming the DO is your doctor), is beneficial. Not having a DO LOR would not hurt you at our school. I think you will be fine except for schools requiring a DO letter