DO letters has to be sent individually to DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mcat35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering stamp and envelope the only way to get letters out to DO schools from DO physicians. I know there is interfolio, but the doc that I'm shadowing is pretty old fashioned. Is this the only way to get letters out to DO schools?

let me know

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If he is old fashioned, then stamp and envelope is probably the best bet. Granted if you applied to a lot of schools, he will have to send a lot of copies and he might not like that.

For my letters, my school uses vecollect and I had my DO letter sent to my pre-med adviser and she uploaded it for me. Could you perhaps do that instead?

If he is old fashioned, then stamp and envelope is probably the best bet. Granted if you applied to a lot of schools, he will have to send a lot of copies and he might not like that.

For my letters, my school uses vecollect and I had my DO letter sent to my pre-med adviser and she uploaded it for me. Could you perhaps do that instead?

nope, I asked him today he would rather do the stamp and envelope. I told him I was looking at 10 or so DO schools including his alma mater DMU :xf:. I'll just write out all the addresses beforehand and give it to him stamped. This way all he has to do is write the letters + return address and have his secretary send them out. The doc I'm shadowing is pretty nice, I'm pretty :luck: to have found him.

It is kind of absurd that AACOMAS dosen't have something like AMCAS where you can just send out 1 letter to the letter service. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
what's vecollect and is it free to use?

yes the whole sending to each school is ridiculous, aacomas in DC all they do is verify grades?

yes the whole sending to each school is ridiculous, aacomas in DC all they do is verify grades?

pretty much. If you use interfolio (which older docs wouldn't want to do) its $6 per school for first letter and some more $ for individual letters. So for 10 or so schools if you have multiple letters of rec you are looking at $100 + $20 (sign up fee) just to send out recommendation letters. I know that we shouldn't look at $ while applying, but spending $120+ for letters is kind of absurd.

vecollect is the letter collection service my school uses. It cost 20 dollars to use and basically you plug in the info of your letter writers and make 'quivers' which you'll have one for allopathic and osteopathic and then you'll add the letters to the quivers and then select the schools you want to send it to. It's not too bad of a service, but it seems sort of beta to me and is a little tricky to use. You can also use it for other professional schools such as dental, podiatry etc.

And OP that seems like a good plan with addressing the letters and then just having them send them off. Perhaps have him write his signature over the flap of the envelope so that is clear that even though the address is in your handwriting, you did not look at the contents.

vecollect is the letter collection service my school uses. It cost 20 dollars to use and basically you plug in the info of your letter writers and make 'quivers' which you'll have one for allopathic and osteopathic and then you'll add the letters to the quivers and then select the schools you want to send it to. It's not too bad of a service, but it seems sort of beta to me and is a little tricky to use. You can also use it for other professional schools such as dental, podiatry etc.

And OP that seems like a good plan with addressing the letters and then just having them send them off. Perhaps have him write his signature over the flap of the envelope so that is clear that even though the address is in your handwriting, you did not look at the contents.

Thats a good advice. I'm just going to type out the address that way it is clear and professional, plus my mom said that I already have "doctors' handwriting" :laugh: I think what I'm going have him put on the return address, or I could type it I would have to ask him again. I'm not sure that signing the letters flap would be a good idea because I think that this Doc's letter will be pretty professional as it is with a signature inside. Having him sign his name 20+ times might not be a great idea.

I'm thinking about getting him a gift too for doing all this. Giftcards of some type. Any suggestions?