do LoR uploaded over the weekened update on ERAS automatically?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheetahlover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a letter writer who says that she uploaded my letter today (Sunday) but ERAS hasn't updated it yet. Is it possible that ERAS doesn't update letters until weekdays? (I have no idea why this would be the cause as you would think the process would be automated)

Members don't see this ad.

There is sometimes a delay between them uploading it to the portal and eras adding it to your application. Don't know why, but it happened to me a couple times last year.

I have a letter writer who says that she uploaded my letter today (Sunday) but ERAS hasn't updated it yet. Is it possible that ERAS doesn't update letters until weekdays? (I have no idea why this would be the cause as you would think the process would be automated)
While it's usually true, from hearsay ERAS has said they will be working this weekend given that 15th is a Monday.

There is sometimes a delay between them uploading it to the portal and eras adding it to your application. Don't know why, but it happened to me a couple times last year.
This is because they apparently actually check the LOR contents. There are reports of people receiving communication about certain content in the letter in case it could change their application (e.g. specific specialty mentioned in the recommendation).