Do mandatory class bench research activities count for ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

agiraffe999

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Title says it all. I have a mandatory bench research project that I have to do as part of one of my classes, time commitment is probably 65 hours total in lab time + time spent outside of class. We have a mandatory poster presentation we have to do. Is this worth putting on ERAS? I know its a tiny project but its a fairly decent time commitment into the project so I wasn't sure if I should milk a poster out of it or now.
 
No, you don't put this on ERAS because it's coursework not research. The poster is strictly for you to learn the process of putting a poster together and not really for sharing novel knowledge in a scientific setting. This will show up on your application as a grade on your transcript.