do many schools post their official secondaries before they actually are sent out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdoof11

Reaction score
i know that NYU LISOM medicine posted secondaries but i was wondering how common this is/if any other schools have posted them because i find it really hard to prewrite secondaries without specific prompts.

Members don't see this ad.

i know that NYU LISOM medicine posted secondaries but i was wondering how common this is/if any other schools have posted them because i find it really hard to prewrite secondaries without specific prompts.
Find the school- specific threads for the schools you are applying to and click the “watch” button, you will get a notice when new posts show up.
Someone will usually share the prompts there.
AMCAS doesn’t transmit your apps until June 24 at the earliest, so this year’s secondaries aren’t out yet.

Reactions: 2 users
A few schools post the secondary questions on their site, but the overwhelming majority do not.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A few schools post the secondary questions on their site, but the overwhelming majority do not.
This^^^^. If the schools wanted you to prewrite, they'd post them. To answer your question, it is very uncommon.

That said, people on SDN share them as a community service once they are released, so they tend to become widely available after the first applicants receive them, which will be in a few short weeks now. If you are unwilling to go by prior posted prompts and hope for no changes, then the only alternative is to wait until they are released.

Reactions: 1 users
Find the school- specific threads for the schools you are applying to and click the “watch” button, you will get a notice when new posts show up.
Someone will usually share the prompts there.
AMCAS doesn’t transmit your apps until June 24 at the earliest, so this year’s secondaries aren’t out yet.

Do this ^^ and also look at the school specific threads from previous years for past prompts. The year I applied only 1 or 2 had changed.