Do med schools see if you checked off "combined lecture and lab" in AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frightenedrabbit

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend and I just realized we didn't write "and lab" when our transcripts were verified for lecture+lab combined classes. Ie our transcript only said intro bio, but we were supposed to write "intro bio and lab" to indicate there was a lab component.

Personally, I was verified and sent most of my secondaries in so I'm not sure if this is worth contacting schools about. I checked off the checkbox that said "combined lecture and lab" for those classes, but I didn't include the words "and lab" in the title. They are 4 credit if that makes a difference. Are adcoms able to see what we checked off on their end?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Trivial worry, dont concern yourself with it and please dont bother the schools about it

Figured it seemed minor, thank you for your response! Just didn't want to be booted for missing prereqs but I'm sure they'll contact if there's any doubt

AMCAS is not used for prereq verification. That is not done typically until after you have been accepted when you will be required to send official transcripts directly to the school for that purpose

Perfect, thank you!