You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Do Med schoosl retract acceptances?
Started by OrdinaryDO
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Generally they won't for a C or a W (though you might be asked to explain why), but some schools, in their acceptance email, may spell out certain terms that you have to meet (called a conditional acceptance) or else they have grounds to rescind (or again, may require an explanation).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, that is reassuring. I don't plan on this happening, but this semester had been riddled with sickness, a full-time job, and traveling for interviews all while taking some pretty rigorous graduate level classes. It is frustrating to struggle, but I don't want to jeopardize an acceptance. Thank you for your input.
Remember remember the rescindment of November. I can't believe it's been 3 years now.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/facebook-and-your-application.1017462/#post-14214557
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/facebook-and-your-application.1017462/#post-14214557
Remember remember the rescindment of November. I can't believe it's been 3 years now.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/facebook-and-your-application.1017462/#post-14214557
Let this serve as a lesson to the members, especially the newer ones. Don't say stupid stuff and stay anonymous (especially the last part).
My understanding is you've got to mess up pretty bad to get an acceptance rescinded. Not like 1-2 C's bad, like get caught cheating or go to jail bad.
Agreed. Double check that you don't need the class before you withdraw from it though. A C would be better than missing a pre-req.
I have a friend who received an e-mail from a medical school due to something he posted on this forums that could have easily been taken the wrong way. It happened this year. It is crazy what they are able to find, but it sure was a wake up call and a lesson learned.
CHECK WITH THE SCHOOL I have a family member who missed a teacher changing the final due date in his class a day forward and ended up missing the final. The teacher let this person retake it but he took off a letter grade dropping this persons grade to a C. The medical school withdrew their acceptance and is making this person take 3 more upper level science classes with a B or higher before they accept this person again.
Wow, do you mind sharing either the school or if it was MD or DO? Also, were the terms of his/her acceptance specific to maintaining certain letter grades?CHECK WITH THE SCHOOL I have a family member who missed a teacher changing the final due date in his class a day forward and ended up missing the final. The teacher let this person retake it but he took off a letter grade dropping this persons grade to a C. The medical school withdrew their acceptance and is making this person take 3 more upper level science classes with a B or higher before they accept this person again.
This was an east coast DO school. They were required to notify the school if they got a C or lower,but were not told it would result in a retracted acceptance.
I would but it's impossible for me to improve where I am lacking, because i am missing attendance points for the most parts :/
A
AnatomyGrey12
Which east coast school?
I know VCOM requires B's or better for the remaining coursework. If anything below that, they would review your file and reevaluate. Basically, don't get below B's. And if you already got accepted to Med school, chances are you haven't had low grades. You can do it! Best of luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 17
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 989
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 902