Do Medical Schools accept AP scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uafl112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a 3 on my AP english language and a 3 on my AP calculus BC exam and that exempted me from calculus 1 and english comp 1. Will this credit extend towards medical schools? Or should I just take them here at college?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools will accept your AP credit in lieu of you having to take a course during college. However, there are some that don't accept AP credit at all, and many that will accept it with stipulations (e.g., they will accept AP credit for intro bio but will require you to do an additional 2 semesters/3 quarters in an advanced bio class). It's a school-specific issue that you'll need find for each school independently.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a semester of calc 2 and 3. Does that fulfill my 1 year math credit? Also, i took english comp 2 and im signed up for a literature class this semester. Does that take care of the 1 year of english credit?

I took a semester of calc 2 and 3. Does that fulfill my 1 year math credit? Also, i took english comp 2 and im signed up for a literature class this semester. Does that take care of the 1 year of english credit?

Again, it depends on the school. At many/most places, yes, probably. At other places, no. At the end of the day what matters is that the college you attended gave you credit. If it's not on the transcript, it doesn't count.

Assuming the course is on your transcript, then all that matters is the medical school's policy. This is where you have to look it up yourself - every school is different.