Do medical schools accept vocational majors?

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Can you get into med school with a vocational major? Yes

Is it a good idea to get a vocational major if your real goal is medical school? No

I think medical school admissions committees would want to know why you were interested in nursing or (insert field here), then switched to medicine. "I was hedging my bets in case I didn't get into med school" is not an answer they want to hear.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can get in, but usually people with vocational majors work for a while and then do a post-bac.
 
If you want to go to Medical School, I'd suggest doing it like everyone else: Science undergrad, then apply for MS