Do Medical Schools see schedules for senior year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ushaikh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. So you know for high school when you applied to college, the colleges saw your senior year transcript and classes, even if they didn't necessarily see you grades in those class (f you were applying early.) For example, they would see that I was taking AP Chemistry during their early admissions cycle, but obviously they wouldn't see my grade for it. Does the same concept apply to medical school? I am doing a Spanish minor but am fulfilling all those requirements senior year, and haven't taken a single Spanish class so far, I know it's strange, but bear with me. Will medical schools see my Spanish-heavy senior year class load and know about this, or will they have no clue and only see three years of grades and schedules. Please let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

1) the AMCAS application asks for future courses. While these are not required, a junior applying would expected to include them.
2) if you take an offer of acceptance, you will be required to submit final transcripts to the medical prior to any matriculation
I was just filling out my future coursework and the application service specifically said it was "non-binding".
So, should I list the pre-reqs that I will only complete if I'm accepted to a school that requires them? (i'm only doing calculus if I have to)
Or does it not matter, since it's non-binding?

@gonnif so are you saying that medical schools don't even see your actual transcript until after an acceptance? They just see gpa and grade trend ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile