Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

DO/MPH

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Claymore, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Claymore

Claymore Yankees Suck

Resident [Any Field]
    Wondering if anyone here is pursuing a DO/MPH program, or if anyone has already completed one. I am currently considering this option and was interested to hear opinions on what you intend to use the MPH for, and what you think about the curriculum for obtaining it. Please let us know what schools you go to also. Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jabroni108

jabroni108 Member

Hello there,
    I, too, am interested in getting a MPH along with the DO. Why? Well for several reasons. I have heard that an MPH will allow more options in the medical field, that is the reason why I am thinking about pursuing a MPH. Eventually, I would like to be part time administration and part time practice. You can do this with just an MD or DO, but the MPH will help boost your opportunities. Besides, it's only an extra year of education, and you get a Master's degree. And, I imagine, that the MPH classes won't be nearly as difficult as medical school.