Do NAVLE scores matter for Internships/Residencies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CrossCassowary

Alive and karate-kickin'
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Newb question but I keep getting conflicting answers. Some people say it doesn't matter as long as you pass. Conversely, in human med, your board scores are pass fail but the scores are like grades - hugely affect how you get ranked for residency. Does this happen in vet med?

Thanks and stay healthy in this weird time
 
Awesome, thanks! Glad we don't have to worry about that. I have to say though - why on earth put a score to it then at all? Just another thing for students to compare.
They give you the breakdown of the the different sections, which is point based. I suppose it is really for your own knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses.