Do NOT attend BGU-MSIH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johnjay11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am a current student at MSIH and I really want to advise everyone considering going there NOT to do it. The school has a tremendous number of problems and it is an awful place.

Do not go there.

Members don't see this ad.

Medical school isn't for everyone. Medical school in Israel definitely isn't for everyone. But this school succeeds in its mission of producing good doctors, and even though it isn't perfect, if you come here with your eyes open to the challenges you'll be experiencing, there are amazing opportunities you'd never get elsewhere. If you've found your way into this thread, feel free to PM me for a more detailed discussion of what it's like here. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do NOT attend MSIH!

The school recently announced that Columbia has lost its affiliations with St. Lukes Roosevelt. This matters because when your fouth year comes, the VAST majority of your rotations through Columbia are done at SLR. SLR had the most availabilities and variety of rotations by far. When I was a MS4, I have no idea what I would have done if SLR electives were not available to me. With the loss of SLR, 4th year students will not be able to enroll in the US electives they have been repeatedly told will be there for them when the get to their fourth year.

The school is an awful place in so many ways but this is maybe the most serious threat to its students' chances to succeed.

If you have ANY other options for medical school consider them first.

Do NOT attend MSIH!

The school recently announced that Columbia has lost its affiliations with St. Lukes Roosevelt. This matters because when your fouth year comes, the VAST majority of your rotations through Columbia are done at SLR. SLR had the most availabilities and variety of rotations by far. When I was a MS4, I have no idea what I would have done if SLR electives were not available to me. With the loss of SLR, 4th year students will not be able to enroll in the US electives they have been repeatedly told will be there for them when the get to their fourth year.

The school is an awful place in so many ways but this is maybe the most serious threat to its students' chances to succeed.

If you have ANY other options for medical school consider them first.

Wow. Honestly considering the number of problems i've heard of the school, i'm not surprised Columbia has tried to disassociate itself.

Wow. Honestly considering the number of problems i've heard of the school, i'm not surprised Columbia has tried to disassociate itself.

I didnt say that. i said columbia lost 2 of the hospitals that MSIH students depend on to do rotations at during their 4th year.