Do Nucs resident get radiology residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zinc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am only thinking about nuc med so i will be more competitive for radiology???
what are your thoughts, is this venture worth it or not???

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

i am only thinking about nuc med so i will be more competitive for radiology???
what are your thoughts, is this venture worth it or not???

thank you
The answer is, in 99.999999999% of the cases, absolutely NO!! Most radiologists HATE Nuke Med, and most Radiology Program Directors tell their residents to take their vacation time during their Nuke rotations, "That way, you won't miss anything important!"

The answer is, in 99.999999999% of the cases, absolutely NO!! Most radiologists HATE Nuke Med, and most Radiology Program Directors tell their residents to take their vacation time during their Nuke rotations, "That way, you won't miss anything important!"

This reply makes everything else you have to say difficult to take seriously.

troll-o-meter
-----------x----

To the OP:

The majority of nucs residents work on getting radiology residencies afterwards. It is an uphill struggle, if your numbers didn't get you in outright, the additional 2 years of experience in nucs (and the -2 years of funding) often don't do the trick.

I know a number of nucs residents who managed to land rads positions. Usually out of match, at times in the middle of the year.

I wouldn't bank on it.

Two years of high-impact radiology research at a well known institution is imho a better investment if getting into rads is the only consideration.

Members don't see this ad :)
dude, just go into anesthesia, its so not worth it.

I am on a Rads elective right now, and the R1 I was with today was a guy who first went through nuc, did a PET CT fellowship, was an attending for a year and then came to rads residency. That is a hell of a lot of time, so I would echo the above sentiment about doing research for a couple years insteadl.