Nov 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
if a med school requires pre-med classes to be taken within a certain time frame of applying (7-10 years), then do all classes older than that get zeroed out as far as the gpa is concerned? if any discussion on this exists please forward me the link. i appreciate your help.

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Unfortunately, in the ass-backward world of med school admissions, every single grade you've ever received will go on your transcript and be calculated into your GPA regardless of whether you got it yesterday or 20 years ago. That said, if your recent performance is a hell of a lot better than what you did 10 years ago, you can expect quite a lot of lenience with regard to your old and cumulative GPA. However, if your old GPA sinks you below a school's hard cut-off, you're boned, regardless of how well you did. It's a ridiculous system, but that's how it goes. Also, note that while DO schools use the same procedure for grade reporting (I think...), they will only look at the most recent grade for a retaken class. In other words, you can wipe out your old D's and F's entirely by just taking the same class again.