Of course we do. This is Ophthalmology, not Dermatology. 😎
I think most programs split major holidays. A lot of places are front stacked so you take most holiday call as a first year. As noted above call load depends heavily on location. Big academic centers seem to receive all open globes and canalicular lacs from a large catchment area of comprehensive Ophthalmologists who no longer do those surgeries. At least that's the feeling that I get when I get the call from an outside Ophthalmologist or ER doc for a transfer. "Hey, this is Dr. X at Y, got a guy that I think has an open globe. Shallow A/C with a hyphema...." is not an uncommon call to get from a comprehensive doc in a small town an hour and a half away.
And then one day I suppose many of us will be those comprehensive Ophthalmologists paying it back. Seems to be the way it happens from what I can tell.