DO Ortho and Comlex score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctortobee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

Does anyone have an idea what a decent score for the DO ortho programs? Are there certain programs that look for more board scores or for other things in particular?

Members don't see this ad.

Im curious as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know off hand which programs are still not linked (pyramid programs)?

Hopefully all of them :).

Anyone know what kind of extraciriculars are "nessicary"

Pretty much all i got as of now is a good score, good grades, and hopefully good LOR's. However i doubt that'll be enough.

Cowboy DO said:
Hopefully all of them :)....

You would rather have a pyramid style program?????

Personall, I would want to know I have a job come PGYII time when I sign a contract for pgyI

oops, misread your original post.

Although high board scores are nice they don't guarantee you a spot. The things that will help you is to:
1. Rotate at the institution you really want to be at- It very difficult for someone to get a spot without the program knowing who you are.
2. Work your ass off, and love scut work- helping the residents out can go along way in terms of putting in a good word for you
3. Be a team player and get along with everyone
4. Have a basic level of ortho knowledge- When a residents asks you to read and X-ray (and they will) and you cannot give a description of the fx you are going to be hosed.
5. Act interested; no one likes to see you staring off into space or yawning when you claim that you are passionate about ortho
6. Even if you do all of these, you still might not get in. Its extremely competitive and some people who probably deserve to get in don't. Sorry, thats the cold hard facts though

What do you suggest to do if you cant rotate at a DO ortho place. For example, you have kids and a family and you don't want to leave them? Any suggestions, other than work hard where you are???

gagolden said:
What do you suggest to do if you cant rotate at a DO ortho place. For example, you have kids and a family and you don't want to leave them? Any suggestions, other than work hard where you are???
unfortunately you have to accept this as a reality of med school. Almost everybody at one point or another is going to need to do an away rotation.