Do pharmacy schools accept MCAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesTank

Zombie
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just recently considered the possibility of going to pharmacy school (mostly due to family oriented life ambitions etc..) and I was wondering if pharm. schools take scores for the MCAT with some conversion factor or whatever.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have just recently considered the possibility of going to pharmacy school (mostly due to family oriented life ambitions etc..) and I was wondering if pharm. schools take scores for the MCAT with some conversion factor or whatever.

Thanks

I don't think so. But I like your avatar :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am 99% certain the answer is no. But if you have survived the MCAT, the PCAT will be a joke.

I haven't ever head of any schools accepting it, but I guess it's possible. Call the schools and see what they say. I'm actually curious about this now:confused:, so let us know the outcome.

My suggestion is just take the PCAT...

PCAT is a really a joke compared to the MCAT. I got a 29Q on MCAT but made a 99% on PCAT.

If you did well on the MCAT i'd put it on your resume too. And yes, the PCAT will be a walk in the park (albeit a long one) if you've done the MCAT.

Also your avatar is offensive and in poor taste. jk. sort of.

The answer to your question is most likely no. But, call each school you want to apply to.

I also too the MCAT...I disagree to the fact that the MCAT is harder than the PCAT....Yes overall it is a ahrder test...however, the PCAT tests a different knowledge base than the MCAT...for example verabl part is sent completion and alalogies.....biology is fact recall....on the MCAT you don't need to know specific knowledge to answer the question in most cases......there is no math section on MCAT while ther is on PCAT...the PCAT math section isn't the easiest either......so overall the MCAT is harder by far...hwoever, the PCAT tests a different sort of knowledge in that just becasue you did well on the MCAT does not mean you will do well on PCAT........MACT 30...PCAT 76

I've taken both - did well on both. I actually used my Kaplan MCAT study guides to study for the PCAT and found that it worked quite well - I wound up with a 95. The PCAT is easier than the MCAT - mostly because the questions are simply less complex.

As far as whether or not you can use your MCAT scores for pharmacy school - I doubt it. I've never heard of any school accepting an MCAT score and I would think that they would shy away from a student who complains about it and tries to get around the system (not that you are - don't read that the wrong way..). My advice is to take a PCAT - you'll probably do very well on it. Good luck!

I don't think any schools would accept the MCAT in place of the PCAT. Even if a certain school would accept the MCAT, they would want to know why you switched? If your GPA is high, then they will buy your answer. But if it's low, well...you know the rest.