Do PM&R programs in Ohio take COMLEX?

Started by ju125206
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ju125206

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am new to this forum, but it has already been very helpful. I am currently a 2nd year student at OUCOM preparing for step I. I am interested in PM&R and want to stay in Ohio. Does anyone know if the Ohio residency programs (Metro, Toledo, UC, Ohio State) accept COMLEX step I scores? I would really like to avoid taking the USMLE if possible. Thanks for all your help.
 
You are fine. I graduated from OUCOM. I rotated at Toledo and OSU, and applied/interviewed at OSU and Metro (I didn't apply to UC or Toledo). I have a classmates at UC and Metro, one in the class before me at Toledo. No issues at all with COMLEX. You'll find that COMLEX is pretty universally accepted for PM&R. However, if you really want to do a DO internship you cut your available spots down some if you only rank the advanced positions.
 
One more thing...it doesn't hurt to take at least step 1 of the USMLE 🙂. I do think PDs like seeing it.