Do programs know how far down they went on ROL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedheadTX

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do programs know how far down they went on their rank lists? Saw a tweet from a program saying they filled in their Top 20, but didn't think they knew that information already.

Members don't see this ad.

Do programs know how far down they went on their rank lists? Saw a tweet from a program saying they filled in their Top 20, but didn't think they knew that information already.

Programs don't know that information yet--but if you know that an applicant you ranked didn't match, you know that you filled above that person's rank.

Reactions: 7 users
Programs don't know that information yet--but if you know that an applicant you ranked didn't match, you know that you filled above that person's rank.

unless they didn't rank the program

Reactions: 1 user

This caused me not to match, smh. I shouldn't have had too much pride when ranking my safe program.

unless they didn't rank the program
Good point. I was assuming the unmatched applicant ranked all the programs where they interviewed--so the program that thinks they had to have matched in their top 20 may be in for a surprise after all.

This caused me not to match, smh. I shouldn't have had too much pride when ranking my safe program.

Your rank list has nothing to do with you matching at that place or not. As long as you ranked the program, if you ranked higher than anyone else for the last slot, you'd get that slot. That would happen if you ranked it first or last on your list.

Reactions: 1 users