DO DO Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frenchmedicine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm reapplying to DO schools as last year I did pretty late and only completed three secondaries and was interviewed at one school.

Here are my stats:

Chemistry major, graduated with a 3.05 sgpa and 3.21 cgpa
MCAT: 30 (11b/10p/9v) which I took in the summer of 2012 after getting a 26 in the summer of 2011
I have a DO recommendation letter (it's pretty good) and several faculty letters
I've worked more than 500 hours as a volunteer tutor (tutoring the underserved population) and I've been working for the last year as a developmental officer for my alma matter (raising funds for scholarships, bursaries and fellowships)

I submitted my app on June 3rd (still waiting for it to be complete) and I've applied to the following schools:

Midwestern (IL resident)
Touro - NY
UNECOM
MSUCOM
PCOM

I want to add several more schools and wanted to know which ones I should add

Thanks for the feedback!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have some ER shadowing (not that many hours) but not really any clinical experience

Members don't see this ad :)
What improvements have you made to your application from the previous cycle?

The GPA's are quite low; Have you retaken any coursework?

I took several classes again and increased my sgpa. I've also volunteered more than 500 hours as a tutor and worked as a fundraiser for my alma matter. Finally, I worked as a research assistant for a semester.
@Goro what schools are considered new?

Simple. Just apply more broadly. Apply to 10+ schools of your choice. The 2 other Touro's would be good additions.

People with your numbers and 24 MCATs made it in this year to schools like LMU, WCU, PCOM-Ga, etc. You should be fine.

Apply early! Apply now! That is the best advice I can give you. There is really not much you can do at this point in the application cycle to boost those numbers, but applying early will help. Also, are you taking any courses this summer? If so, after you submit your application (EARLY haha) update it in August when your grades are released! Best of luck and nice job on that MCAT score. You really improved :D!

Simple. Just apply more broadly. Apply to 10+ schools of your choice. The 2 other Touro's would be good additions.

People with your numbers and 24 MCATs made it in this year to schools like LMU, WCU, PCOM-Ga, etc. You should be fine.

I concur. LMU, WCU, PCOM-Ga, VCOM, WVCOM, LECOM (both)...all good choices

MUCOM
ACOM
Wm Carey
PCOM-GA
VCOM-SC
Western-OR
PacNW
AT still-AZ
Touro-Middletown
NYCOM-Larkin, AR (don't know if they're taking apps yet)
RVU
LMU
CampbellCOM

@Goro what schools are considered new?[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 user