DO Recommendation Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xoxo111

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I’d a question regarding the LOR. Should the doctor I shadowed mention how many total hours I’ve shadowed her as well as the start & end date in the letter? Also, what constitutes of a good number of shadowing hours?
 
Wouldn't include it in the letter - sounds structured and not genuine IMO
But keep track of that yourself bc need to enter in AACOMAS

I think I did about 60 hours in total (urology, maxillofacial surg, neurologist), but I agree with Goro, the more the better, however, if you take experiences from X hours and are able to articulate that in your app/PS/essays, you did your job.