Do research or travel this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTBarnum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school provides us with a 2 month breaks during July and August. I had originally planned to do some basic clinical research at my school during that, although I don't have it set up right now. However, I also really want to travel in Asia this summer, as this will probably be one of the last opportunities for me to do so for an extended period of time. I'm thinking of taking Chinese classes as well, as well as hang out with my friends.. I'm really not all that excited for research, as it is just something for me to do in the summer. Do you think I will regret it if I don't Pursue this research option?

Members don't see this ad.

My school provides us with a 2 month breaks during July and August. I had originally planned to do some basic clinical research at my school during that, although I don't have it set up right now. However, I also really want to travel in Asia this summer, as this will probably be one of the last opportunities for me to do so for an extended period of time. I'm thinking of taking Chinese classes as well, as well as hang out with my friends.. I'm really not all that excited for research, as it is just something for me to do in the summer. Do you think I will regret it if I don't Pursue this research option?

How about both?

NIDCR has research award programs where you can travel to DC and do research there for 2 months. I did this when I was a first-second year d student and was a great experience.

Won't really be the Asia route, but there may be an opportunity there as well.