Summer practice for dental student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aisa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am fourth year dental student . I’m wondering where I can practice dentistry in real patients as a volunteer ? Do you guys know any organizations?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you are currently a 4th year, I would assume you will have graduated as a dentist by this summer.

Once you get your license you can practice anywhere in that state.

For now make the most of your dental school patients that you can. Consider doing a GPR or AEGD if you feel like you need more mentorship

I am fourth year dental student . I’m wondering where I can practice dentistry in real patients as a volunteer ? Do you guys know any organizations?
Thanks
You can’t. You need a license. Consider either residency or get a job as a dental assistant with the understanding that you transition to an associate once your licensure comes through.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you truly want some extra practice on patients, you can look into doing a volunteer trip abroad to countries like Guatemala.

If you truly want some extra practice on patients, you can look into doing a volunteer trip abroad to countries like Guatemala.
Agree.
it can be a bilingual program (for example, Spanish speaking patients). Check forums or blogs. There is a lot of information.