Do research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giguerex35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What counts as talking to much or being too interested in research during an interview. I was asked what I looked for in an medical school and I mentioned research was one of them. I was also asked what makes me different from other applicants and I mentioned that research was also something I felt I had more experience with than others. Would this be looked at poorly or that I am more interested in research than medicine. This interview was at a do school if that matters. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you're fine, as long as that school had some sort of research opportunities. DO schools are typically not as big on research so you probably don't want to tie all of your answers back to research, but I think your answers were fine.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you're fine, as long as that school had some sort of research opportunities. DO schools are typically not as big on research so you probably don't want to tie all of your answers back to research, but I think your answers were fine.
Appreciate it

Members don't see this ad :)
You should probably find out if your school has any research opportunities before interviewing. You don't want to tell a school you value research opportunities if they don't have them lol
Ya they just opened a research facility and it seems like they're tying to build it in my opinion anyway so I figured I'd be a great person to help contribute to the growing research at the school

Reactions: 1 user