How bad is no research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For DO schools? Does research matter? I don't have a single hour. My stats are good, by the time I apply I will have a solid amount of clinical and volunteering hours. I'm not picky ab what school I go to, I just want to be a doctor. I'm in grad school for biostatistics, which can probably be swung as some sort of research experience, so I guess that is better than nothing
 
For DO schools research is not needed. You should spend that time on volunteer, shadow or studying for MCAT if you have not done all this yet.
 
For DO schools? Does research matter? I don't have a single hour. My stats are good, by the time I apply I will have a solid amount of clinical and volunteering hours. I'm not picky ab what school I go to, I just want to be a doctor. I'm in grad school for biostatistics, which can probably be swung as some sort of research experience, so I guess that is better than nothing
For do schools, research does not matter.