Do residencies look back at your amcaas application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jrg16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if residency programs you are interviewing for will have access/ look at your amcaas application that may have been sent to them 4 years ago. In my undergrad career I was caught work with another student on a paper which resulted in me given a plagiarizing punishment. This was removed on my record, as stated in my amcaas application. But I am worried that when I apply to residencies, they may find this in my amcaas record and not give me your chance. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

Moving to pre-allo.

The answer is no. They can barely sift through all of the regular applications they get as it is, nobody is going to care about that at the residency level.

Reactions: 1 user
Moving to pre-allo.

The answer is no. They can barely sift through all of the regular applications they get as it is, nobody is going to care about that at the residency level.

No. They don't have acccess to your AMCAS application and don't care.

Will you even get into med school with a plagiarism black mark? Worry about that first.