do reviews really cover all MCAT material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artsydoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a nontraditional who took the prereqs about 6 years ago. I've started using TBR for the physical sciences section and am wondering if it really covers all the material that is needed to be successful on the test. My memory of chemistry suggests that the actual class was much more extensive/involved and I'm concerned that I'll be inadequately prepared by just using test prep programs. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I think test prep courses are adequate for content review, if you have already taken prereq courses. Just make sure to study hard you might want to look over your old textbooks to refresh your memory.

i took my prereqs a while ago as well (not 6 years, but like 2-3, i was definitely rusty) and the prep books i used (EK) were sufficient to provoke my memory and re-stimulate my scientific intuition. sometimes i would look at other sources if i still wasn't clear after reading the EK, but for the most part i was like "ohh yeah i remember this". once i started taking practice tests i found that the basics were enough to do well.