DO Rotation Application Links

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreenShirt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know if this is just me but I'm finding it impossible to locate the application links for elective rotations on most DO ED websites. I find applications for every other rotation under the sun at a given hospital but the ED is always hidden. So to help other lost souls like me I thought I'd start a thread for links:

Arrowhead Regional Medical Center Colton, CA:
https://www.arrowheadmedcenter.org/residentcy.aspx

If anyone can find these please share:
-St. James, Olympia Fields
-St. Barnabas, Bronx

And others....

Members don't see this ad.

I also found many of them don't have formal application for the rotations. I called them up and they went ahead and wrote me in for the rotations. If they wanted a formal application too (especially for free student housing), they would point me in the right direction.

Members don't see this ad :)
miami, FL and york, PA it's all done by email/phone
port st lucie, FL, call them and they will email you a packet to fill out, which you have to send back. nothing is done by phone/email

rumor is bradenton, FL is getting a DO EM residency starting july 2011....at least that's what they're saying in the paper

port st lucie, FL, call them and they will email you a packet to fill out, which you have to send back. nothing is done by phone/email

rumor is bradenton, FL is getting a DO EM residency starting july 2011....at least that's what they're saying in the paper

At MMH I assume? I didn't think Blake liked us enough to have a residency. Do you have a link to the article?

At MMH I assume? I didn't think Blake liked us enough to have a residency. Do you have a link to the article?
yeah at MMH, K koster, RN is the spearhead of the project and radcliff might be the PD (that's just a rumor from 3rd yrs, no confirm). they had talked about it when I did surgery there but it never took off until now. I can only hope it's better at blake and definitely no love from SMH still, the article is from the lwr newsletter we get every month. I asked some of the 2nd yrs and they've heard it too. no specs, just a projected time frame of 2011

The story only mentions programs in FM, IM and Psych....

Anyone know why there is a disconnection of info? (No EM program vs the news didn't get all the facts)

Digitlnoize, a 2nd year at LECOM-B, posted in our school's application thread that he'd heard rumors of an EM residency being developed, but they have yet to announce anything specific. MSmentor says something similar above.

Given that MMH's ED handles somewhere in the range of 60k visits a year, they could definitely support an EM residency... but restructuring the department so there's a specific role for the residents might be complicating matters.

Digitlnoize, a 2nd year at LECOM-B, posted in our school's application thread that he'd heard rumors of an EM residency being developed, but they have yet to announce anything specific. MSmentor says something similar above.

Given that MMH's ED handles somewhere in the range of 60k visits a year, they could definitely support an EM residency... but restructuring the department so there's a specific role for the residents might be complicating matters.

Yeah, our dean said "possibly EM". I don't think it's a done deal for sure yet (hence not in that newspaper article) but it's supposed to be done at least in time for me (2012).

York, PA = Memorial, correct?

I don't know how up-to-date the info is but this link @ osteopathic.org has all the info on the Barnabas program and contacts (phone/email/fax).

I couldn't find a form for Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, but here are links to their contact information.

http://www.einstein.edu/education/residencies/4-ap/emergency-medicine.html - Mostly for potential residents, but I guess they're contact for student rotations, too.

Otherwise, it might be John Spector, MD, assistant PD.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (215) 456-8382

Information on 4th year selectives and student guide at bottom of page.
http://www.einstein.edu/education/programs/20-pi/4th-year-subinternships-&-selectives.html