DO School Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will I get in?

• Most likely

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • 50/50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not likely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnathonNY

Medical Student
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Information redacted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Fine for any DO school, including mine.
I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

You're competitive for a number of MD schools as well.

Three of the schools I applied to: Nova, Touro-NY, MSUCOM are on your list. What's wrong with MSUCOM, the guy is in jail now isn't he?

Also, I was recommended not to apply to MD schools because I have no chance with my MCAT. I only applied to 14 DO schools at this time.
Your state MDs are always worth a shot

Members don't see this ad :)
I figure I'm too late to do anything now, getting verified and everything and making an entirely new application for MD schools. That being said, I've already sent 14 primaries to DO schools and completed 10 secondary applications (the last four have not been sent yet).
It doesn't hurt to try, early August is a little late

When did you apply?

I sent my primary application(s) during the first week AACOMAS opened. Somewhere around May 15th. I received secondary applications all throughout the end of June. All secondary applications were completed and sent around Mid/End of July. I sent a secondary application yesterday as well (but this school sent their secondary app two weeks ago). Other schools have emailed me and said that they will not send a secondary to anyone until Mid-August so I'm still waiting on four more schools. All other requirements have been completed: scores, LOR's, etc.

Man, I wish I had mine in that early. I took the MCAT on June 1 so I didn’t know at the time.
I had all my secondary apps come in towards the second half of July. Argh. I am hoping for some sunshine in August.

Three of the schools I applied to: Nova, Touro-NY, MSUCOM are on your list. What's wrong with MSUCOM, the guy is in jail now isn't he?

Also, I was recommended not to apply to MD schools because I have no chance with my MCAT. I only applied to 14 DO schools at this time.
MSUCOM is a quality school - but do you really want to pay 80K in tuition a year?

Reactions: 1 users
Before I continue giving opinions, do medical school admission teams monitor these forms? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot stating my preferences and what not.
I wouldn't have your name in the handle

Reactions: 1 user
Before I continue giving opinions, do medical school admission teams monitor these forms? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot stating my preferences and what not.
Be anonymous. Gyngyn, Goro, LizzyM at least are

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.