DO School List - should I add any?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tvk315

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to 15-16 MD schools and currently only have 3 DOs. I want to add a few other DO programs. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for which specific schools I should add? My stats are:

3.56 cGPA/3.38 sGPA
514 MCAT
Strong ECs/leadership roles
Over 600 hours combined of clinical employment, also have 400 non-clinical at a clinical research institute
150+ hours clinical volunteering, 80 non-clinical (from different sources)
Shadowing with multiple MD specialties as well as a DO Surgeon (getting Letter of Rec)
130 hours of research with poster presentation
NJ resident

I'm applying to PCOM, Rowan, and NYITCOM. I was also thinking of Campbell. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying to 15-16 MD schools and currently only have 3 DOs. I want to add a few other DO programs. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for which specific schools I should add? My stats are:

3.56 cGPA/3.38 sGPA
514 MCAT
Over 600 hours combined of clinical employment, also have 400 non-clinical at a clinical research institute
Shadowing with multiple MD specialties as well as a DO Surgeon (getting Letter of Rec)
NJ resident

I'm applying to PCOM, Rowan, and NYITCOM. I was also thinking of Campbell. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions! Thanks

You have a solid MCAT no doubt, and around the good GPA for DO applications. I would apply to all schools that you feel comfortable with attending (I know that's a very generic answer). But I would, if I was you, apply to Michigan State. Solely because it is considered to be one of the best DO schools, and you have the credentials to be a competitive applicant!

Reactions: 1 user
You have a solid MCAT no doubt, and around the good GPA for DO applications. I would apply to all schools that you feel comfortable with attending (I know that's a very generic answer). But I would, if I was you, apply to Michigan State. Solely because it is considered to be one of the best DO schools, and you have the credentials to be a competitive applicant!

Beware the >$80,000 OOS tuition though.

Members don't see this ad :)

3.56 cGPA/3.38 sGPA
514 MCAT
NJ resident

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.
Add your state MD schools as well

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.
Add your state MD schools as well
I'm applying broadly to MD but am definitely looking at Rowan, RWJ, and Seton Hall!
Curious - why no for Nova and Touro?

I'm applying broadly to MD but am definitely looking at Rowan, RWJ, and Seton Hall!
Curious - why no for Nova and Touro?
Nova has had four years in a row with not accepting first-time COMLEX pass rates. Their first-time pass rate is about 85% I believe which is what @Goro told me. This is really pretty horrible for a school who should be "established" at this point; it has been around for a long enough time where the pass rates should not be this low. Touro-NY I am not exactly sure about so you may have to search that one

I wouldn’t, seeing as OP is OOS.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I would suggest against applying to MSU-COM @tvk315, as @ERinspired mentioned. For one, you are OOS, also don't forget Larry Nassar. Reason? OOS tuition at MSU is highway robbery, plus they have strong IS preference. Apply to RowanSOM (your in-state DO school) and Cooper (in-state MD). With a 514 no reason not to throw out an app to your in-state MD. That is a solid MCAT score my man

I would suggest against applying to MSU-COM @tvk315, as @ERinspired mentioned. For one, you are OOS, also don't forget Larry Nassar. Reason? OOS tuition at MSU is highway robbery, plus they have strong IS preference. Apply to RowanSOM (your in-state DO school) and Cooper (in-state MD). With a 514 no reason not to throw out an app to your in-state MD. That is a solid MCAT score my man

Thank you! I'm applying broadly to MD (I have a strong upward trend for GPA so I think I have a decent shot) but the NJ in-state schools (Cooper, RWJ, Seton Hall) are def the best chances I have of getting in imo

Thank you! I'm applying broadly to MD (I have a strong upward trend for GPA so I think I have a decent shot) but the NJ in-state schools (Cooper, RWJ, Seton Hall) are def the best chances I have of getting in imo
Good idea. Seton Hall is new too