DO schools: Chances/Advice

Started by alli604
Tags Tags
do school
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alli604

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to DO schools with a 29 MCAT. A cGPA of 3.35. 3.34 for non-science. 3.37 science. I had a rough first year of college (think C's and one D). But everything since my first year of college has been A's, A-'s and a few B+'s. I have applied to four DO schools so far. Should I be applying to more? What are my chances of being accepted anywhere?

In addition, does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!!
 
I am applying to DO schools with a 29 MCAT. A cGPA of 3.35. 3.34 for non-science. 3.37 science. I had a rough first year of college (think C's and one D). But everything since my first year of college has been A's, A-'s and a few B+'s. I have applied to four DO schools so far. Should I be applying to more? What are my chances of being accepted anywhere?

In addition, does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!!

I think you'll have success this cycle, but you need to apply to more than 4 schools. 10 would be a safe number.

Which 4 have you applied to already?
 
I have applied to DMU, AT Still, Rocky Vista, and Kansas City. I am also adding Pikesville, Lake Erie and Michigan to the list.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your chances are excellent, and yes, you should apply to more.

I am applying to DO schools with a 29 MCAT. A cGPA of 3.35. 3.34 for non-science. 3.37 science. I had a rough first year of college (think C's and one D). But everything since my first year of college has been A's, A-'s and a few B+'s. I have applied to four DO schools so far. Should I be applying to more? What are my chances of being accepted anywhere?

In addition, does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!!