Do Schools read LOR/Committee packets before interview or post interview?

RemainPositive

2+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2017
Status
Dental Student
Hello yall,

This is probably a stupid question, but I was under the assumption that most school will read the entirety of an applicant's application before extending out valuable interview invites, which includes the LOR packets. Is this true or do school only review them post-interviews to make admission decisions?

Lawpy

Exit 24
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
Replacement Chat
forums.studentdoctor.net
Schools read the entire application before giving interview invites and acceptances, so letters are reviewed both pre-interview and post-interview.

EDIT: Just saw you're pre-dental. I don't know how dental school admissions works but the above is true for medical school admissions.

Last edited:
Reactions: RemainPositive

gonnif

Only 7 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Schools read the entire application before giving interview invites and acceptances, so letters are reviewed both pre-interview and post-interview.

EDIT: Just saw you're pre-dental. I don't know how dental school admissions works but the above is true for medical school admissions.
There are some schools, especially for early strong candidates that may offer II without having read LOR/LOE. This was common for committee letters as they will often not be written and sent until after the start of the fall term of UG schools. My guess is now that most schools wait for LORs now and for the file to be complete.

Reactions: RemainPositive
About the Ads