hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
Just want to know if I should suffer through orgo 2 this coming semester. Does anybody know if it is required all across the board or is it required at some schools but not all.

Does orgo 2 help me on the dat is my second question?

thanks again
the hockeydentist:cool:

vixen

I like members
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2000
upstate ny
Visit site
Status
I think most schools (almost all) require it...take it, it helps and it kinda looks suspicious not taking it...I thought it was kind of fun actually...but maybe cause Im weird? :)

UBTom

Class '04 official geezer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2002
Queens, NY
www.iloveny.com
Status
Hmm... Orgo 2 as in another year of organic chemistry?

I took a total of one year of organic chemistry plus lab to fulfill the pre-dental requirements. Not sure if one needs any more orgo than that..? (Of course I must have done something right if I'm where I am now heh heh :D )

About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
And generally speaking, it won't help you on the DAT at all. The bulk of questions come from Organic 1.

sjdent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Status
Yikes, do you really want to risk it? Not taking O. Chem 2, that is. The school I got into let me take Introductory O. Chem.....WAYYYYYY easier. thank god. It taught me just enough for the DAT.

But.....what you could do is check out practice DAT books and see if your knowledge is sufficient enough for the DAT. However, the actual DAT is a pain in the ass in that you never know what you'll get. (Especially Biology. Yikes.) :mad:

About the Ads