No response from schools yet, what do I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaysonddshopeful

Reaction score
I have still not received acceptance from any schools (have only had one interview). At this point, should I prepare to take another year off to improve my application? I am considering applying to grad programs/taking classes, since my very low GPA (3.0) is the weakest part of my application right now. If so, what kinds of grad programs should i apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

This is your original WAMC

How did you respond to our or others' advice?

You should always be improving and evaluating your reapplication. You should consider your application rejected until otherwise notified.

I previously suggested you look to SMP programs in oral health or biology run by dental schools or other SMPs with a history of success with dental students. Have you done the outreach?

Last edited:
Should have applied so many you can including private expensive schools. Since you don't get in this time, it is pretty much a year of income loss already. The earlier you start your dental education, then the earlier you graduate, and the earlier you start to earn...I would suggest you apply as many as you can and maybe a master's program might help...just my 2scens

School interview is random, do not know what they look for. I have two interview so far, one was waitlist one just finished.
I asked buffalo what kind of applicant stand out, he told me use the matrix system to filter gpa and dat first. And then they look at what will be good fit in the program then look into LOR personal statement experience etc.

I don’t have any private school interview including nyu and Touro(on hold= soft rejected?). The process is just about too unpredictable
that's not random

and there's no such thing as a "soft rejection"...

Reactions: 1 user