Do schools still use Interfolio/how to use it (2018 applicants used inter folio this year)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Did anyone use Interfolio to store your letters, as a 2018 applicant? Just wondering if dental schools are still accepting letters via interfolio, since there is only an electronic request available as opposed to "by paper" (I have old instructions I found in SDN with the "by paper" option). How would this work nowadays?

Also, I can already request a letter after signing up for an inter folio account. I haven't paid anything yet. Should I buy the subscription before or after requesting the LOR?

thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I used Interfolio this application cycle. You only need to pay for it when you actually send the letters into AADSAS. It was $16/letter.

Here are some instructions from Interfolio that describe how to upload: How do I use Interfolio to deliver letters of recommendation to AADSAS? – Interfolio Support

Biggest advantage: you can set your own deadline to request letters of rec before they are actually due; this is good because professors get behind on writing letters/get busy at the end of the semester (definitely, request a couple weeks before finals). There are several threads on SDN with students' applications being held up waiting for professors to write letters/committee letters.

Biggest disadvantage: cost, BUT this is small compared to $2000 for primary and secondary fees and additional thousands for travel expenses during interviews.

I used Interfolio this application cycle. You only need to pay for it when you actually send the letters into AADSAS. It was $16/letter.

Here are some instructions from Interfolio that describe how to upload: How do I use Interfolio to deliver letters of recommendation to AADSAS? – Interfolio Support

Biggest advantage: you can set your own deadline to request letters of rec before they are actually due; this is good because professors get behind on writing letters/get busy at the end of the semester (definitely, request a couple weeks before finals). There are several threads on SDN with students' applications being held up waiting for professors to write letters/committee letters.

Biggest disadvantage: cost, BUT this is small compared to $2000 for primary and secondary fees and additional thousands for travel expenses during interviews.
Alright thanks. Just quickly though - since you've only paid when you sent out the letter, the storage duration fee is no longer there? In other words, it's stored forever until you want to send it out (at $16 per)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright thanks. Just quickly though - since you've only paid when you sent out the letter, the storage duration fee is no longer there? In other words, it's stored forever until you want to send it out (at $16 per)?

Here is the text of an email I got from them recently. It changed recently. This should answer your question:

We’re making deliveries more affordable.
Good news: Starting Tuesday, July 18, Interfolio is getting rid of the Dossier account fee. Dossier accounts will be free. And, we're lowering our delivery prices by changing to a flat $48 fee for 50 deliveries—a package we’re calling Dossier Deliver.

With the free version of Interfolio’s Dossier, you'll still be able to:

• store your own materials
  • request and receive reusable confidential letters
  • build collections over time
If you want to be able to deliver your materials elsewhere*, you’ll need to upgrade to Dossier Deliver, which covers 50 electronic and mail deliveries.

Dossier Frequently Asked Questions - Interfolio

Here is the text of an email I got from them recently. It changed recently. This should answer your question:

We’re making deliveries more affordable.
Good news: Starting Tuesday, July 18, Interfolio is getting rid of the Dossier account fee. Dossier accounts will be free. And, we're lowering our delivery prices by changing to a flat $48 fee for 50 deliveries—a package we’re calling Dossier Deliver.

With the free version of Interfolio’s Dossier, you'll still be able to:

• store your own materials
  • request and receive reusable confidential letters
  • build collections over time
If you want to be able to deliver your materials elsewhere*, you’ll need to upgrade to Dossier Deliver, which covers 50 electronic and mail deliveries.

Dossier Frequently Asked Questions - Interfolio
Much appreciated!! Just sent out my own inquiry but got this in time. Thanks.

Their method is pretty easy now.

• You basically open Addsas , go to evaluation
  • write the first and last name of your professor
  • and then you'll reach the option to put an email.
  • Thant when you go to interfolio , click on deliveries. Create new delivery
  • Then choose the option confidential letter the third option
  • Then you choose the first option to get an email
  • Then they will give you options to choose which letter you want to send
  • You click on it and they generate an email for you.
  • You press on copy to get it.
  • you go back to your application, paste the email there.
  • Then you write anything in the part where they say write a message to your recommender, write thank you anything, it won't reach anyone.
  • Then choose to waive your rights (ideally) and check the two permission
  • and submit and save
  • You return to interfolio and press contion, they tell you are done wait for a while while they send it to addsas.
  • and that's it, it took them 1 hours to send it and I was done.