Quantcast

Do schools take a long time to get through all their apps?

Join BeMo Premed MasterMind Club®
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingkapoor

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
This isnt a what are my chances post but for reference, [3.4 cGPA, 3.1-3.2 sGPA. 26 MCAT. Something like 500 hours or maybe more of shadowing all different kinds of docs, published paper, engineering degree, 4.0 post bacc so far (only 3 courses though), volunteering in low income communities.

My main question is after submitting secondaries is there a long time it takes schools to process everyones application. the main reason I ask is it seems like LECOM has given out a bunch of II's already, I obviously havent gotten one (hence the post). Do they take a couple of weeks to get through all the secondaries or is this pretty much a rejection in the making?

I sent my secondary June 23rd, which was quite earlier than most of the current II's. I know my stats are low so yes, I understand if they are going to reject, but wouldnt they just let me know right away?

Reactions: 1 user

hopefulstudent55

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can call them and ask them if they want you to submit anything else and hopefully they'll open up and tell you if they're behind on reviewing apps or they're future schedule for sending out more IIs. I guess that's the only thing you can do right now

DrMikeP

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This isnt a what are my chances post but for reference, [3.4 cGPA, 3.1-3.2 sGPA. 26 MCAT. Something like 500 hours or maybe more of shadowing all different kinds of docs, published paper, engineering degree, 4.0 post bacc so far (only 3 courses though), volunteering in low income communities.

My main question is after submitting secondaries is there a long time it takes schools to process everyones application. the main reason I ask is it seems like LECOM has given out a bunch of II's already, I obviously havent gotten one (hence the post). Do they take a couple of weeks to get through all the secondaries or is this pretty much a rejection in the making?

I sent my secondary June 23rd, which was quite earlier than most of the current II's. I know my stats are low so yes, I understand if they are going to reject, but wouldnt they just let me know right away?

Many places send out secondaries automatically and some places may not formally reject you until April or May even, so get used to not hearing anything after you get the notification that your app is being reviewed. The amount of time they take to review your app varies greatly.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I's not merely how many apps there are, but how good they are.

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Reactions: 1 user

kingkapoor

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I's not merely how many apps there are, but how good they are.

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.
That wasnt exactly what I was trying to get at lol. Does a school withold a rejection for any reason and not touch a group of applications for a while?
Like if a crowd of 100 people applied to Western University on June 25th (per say). And they review 10 applications a day, and would be done by now, do they send out II's and rejections all by now. Or is it possible they will just leave some apps be for w.e reason I am trying to figure out.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Schools will sit on an app until they get to the bottom of the pile. Autorejects usually go to people below the stated minimums, or the effective floors for stats. Other schools like to keep everyone in reserve, and hence on the hook until April.

That wasnt exactly what I was trying to get at lol. Does a school withold a rejection for any reason and not touch a group of applications for a while?
Like if a crowd of 100 people applied to Western University on June 25th (per say). And they review 10 applications a day, and would be done by now, do they send out II's and rejections all by now. Or is it possible they will just leave some apps be for w.e reason I am trying to figure out.