Smart to apply to DO school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bananabuttercup

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I am interested in primary care and have no personal preference if I am an MD or DO. I really like the philosophy behind osteopathic medicine. I would like to apply to both, however, I am a bit concerned as I do not have any shadowing experience with a DO or any letter of recommendation. Is it worth it for me to apply to osteopathic schools?

MCAT: 521
GPA: 3.96
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agree with @Goro. Go to an MD school that gives you a scholarship as decreasing loan burden is super important, especially in primary care specialties
 
No i have not! I recently joined SDN. Is the purpose of the WAMC to help me determine where I should apply?
Yes, and it will help you figure out what your chances of success look like based on the profile. It is no guarantee of success as many other things are important (your writing, your letters, your SJT scores if applicable, your submission timing, factors beyond your control).