Do schools take the best OAT score or the last score?

Started by Maryester
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maryester

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been accepted to an optometry school, but some schools asked me to retake my test. I was wondering if I decided to retake my test but did worse somehow. Will this affect the school's decision that already accepted me or will they even know if I retook it? I am not sure if schools take the best score or the last score. Your help will be appreciated.
 
I believe (unless things have changed) that schools will count the highest score, some super score as well. If you're unaware, this is when they take the best scores from each section of the OAT (if taken more than once) and compile them into a final score. Hope this helps.