DO shadowing with interviews?

Started by deleted975457
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted975457

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an MD letter and shadowing plus a ton of professional clinical experience (nontrad), no DO shadowing and no DO letter. I have 3 DO interviews and 3 MD lined up right now, should I pursue DO shadowing or is receiving an interview indicative that I look fine on paper and just put my time into interview prep?
 
I have an MD letter and shadowing plus a ton of professional clinical experience (nontrad), no DO shadowing and no DO letter. I have 3 DO interviews and 3 MD lined up right now, should I pursue DO shadowing or is receiving an interview indicative that I look fine on paper and just put my time into interview prep?

Do you have any experience with DOs? Ever worked with one or been treated by one? I don't have a DO letter and haven't shadowed one, and I plan on just giving my experiences with DOs when asked "why DO?"
 
Do you have any experience with DOs? Ever worked with one or been treated by one? I don't have a DO letter and haven't shadowed one, and I plan on just giving my experiences with DOs when asked "why DO?"

I've been treated by a DO and I'm actually really into the DO philosophy. But I don't have any concrete shadowing and stuff like that to back it up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My opinion? That's good enough. I will let you know in 10 days after my first DO interview though 👍
 
I have an MD letter and shadowing plus a ton of professional clinical experience (nontrad), no DO shadowing and no DO letter. I have 3 DO interviews and 3 MD lined up right now, should I pursue DO shadowing or is receiving an interview indicative that I look fine on paper and just put my time into interview prep?
You're fine, unless you're interested in those schools that require a DO LOR.
Remember, lacking a DO lOR/shadowing won't hurt, but having it WILL help.
 
I've been treated by a DO and I'm actually really into the DO philosophy. But I don't have any concrete shadowing and stuff like that to back it up.
Having exposure to OMT and having been treated by a DO, (I'm assuming the DO is your doctor), is beneficial. Not having a DO LOR would not hurt you at our school. I think you will be fine except for schools requiring a DO letter