DO students who took the USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LloydDObler

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any specific tips they'd like to share?

Some questions I have are:

Which should you take first?

What are the best COMLEX review books?

Can you actually study for both at the same time, or do you think the tests require a whole different mindset?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

well,

i think you should take the comlex first.I did it that way because i would have the stamina built up for the Usmle all day. Studying for for one is studying for both with the exception of a few subjects that appear on usmle and not comlex and vice versa. the only specific book really for the comlex would be the Saverese for OMT Review. All the rest is the same only the emphasis is different. Example, not much biochem on Comlex.much more on usmle. No molecular on comlex, mucho molecular on usmle. Comlex likes to ask more anatomy and micro than the usmle. Embryo is non existant on the comlex, depending on the usmle, it barely appears on it as well. the books to buy have been laid out many times on this forum so you should do a search. I thought that usmle was a little tougher, others say different. I took the usmle 1 week after comlex 1. to get it over with 2. so i wouldnt lose all the info 3.to enjoy what was left of summer break. It really doesnt matter when you take it. i hope i answered your question, im sure others will in also.

good luck