Do the programs find out who matched with them early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellinopedo182

Deleted User
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a voicemail from a program saying they were disappointed I did not match with them through the AOA match this year. I was going to rank them first, but since some things happened and I had to take over my family businesses (2 restaurants, a night club, a few plazas and a bunch of properties), I was hoping to stay in my hometown to be closer to them, even if I was not going to be running them on a daily basis. Now I feel horrible. I never told them I was going to rank them first, but I was very very interested and they knew it. But things changed quickly in my life.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a voicemail from a program saying they were disappointed I did not match with them through the AOA match this year. I was going to rank them first, but since some things happened and I had to take over my family businesses (2 restaurants, a night club, a few plazas and a bunch of properties), I was hoping to stay in my hometown to be closer to them, even if I was not going to be running them on a daily basis. Now I feel horrible. I never told them I was going to rank them first, but I was very very interested and they knew it. But things changed quickly in my life.

what specialty is this for

Oh are you the person who was agonizing over whether to tell a program they were no longer your #1 choice?

If what you are telling us is true, then you should not feel in the wrong at all. They know how this game is played.

Just curious, where did you rank them?

Oh are you the person who was agonizing over whether to tell a program they were no longer your #1 choice?

no. i did send out a few thank you letters though and that I am interested in their program.

If what you are telling us is true, then you should not feel in the wrong at all. They know how this game is played.

Just curious, where did you rank them?

yeah thats what everyone is telling me. just been hanging over my head since yesterday. I only ranked 4 hospitals in my hometown, 1 hospital back by school. I didn't ranked 6 others since i'd rather scramble in AOA and try my luck that way or wait a year and help run the businesses. Not sure if it was a wise decision anymore. guess ill have to wait til monday.

does anyone know if they can see the scramble list of students who did not match including those that matched in their program prior to the official match date, since they apparently already know who matched in their program. If this is the case, this suggests that I must have matched somewhere since he never brought up me being on an unmatched list.

btw, i loved the hospitals in my hometown, dually accredited, great facitilites, better pay, good experience.

isn't match tom. feb 13th?

how come they know that OP has not matched to their program?

isn't match tom. feb 13th?

how come they know that OP has not matched to their program?

im guessing programs find out a day (business day) early? i was called on friday. match is tomorrow morning.