Do these classes count towards the Science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurederm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Geology and Geography? just curious. I just finished taking these two classes as part of my upper division general ed. If it counts, cool, if not...oh well :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Geology and Geography? just curious. I just finished taking these two classes as part of my upper division general ed. If it counts, cool, if not...oh well :cool:

Geology might for DO applications, does not for MD - Geography does not for either.

Thanks for the reply :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Geology does, Geography does not.
Well, although geography definitely does not, I'm don't think that geology does either. AMCAS doesn't calculate a "science GPA" but a BCPM (biology, chemistry, physics, and math) and since geology, though it is a science, doesn't fall into any of those categories, it doesn't get included in your BCPM.

Lorienne is correct. From the AMCAS instrustion booklet it lists both geology and geography as natural/physical sciences and not a part of BCPM.

sorry amcas doesnt allow GPA padding!:sleep:

Geography = NO
Geology = NO

For DO application, geology might count but both definitely don't for AMCAS. Geography isn't anything close to science related.