Do they tell you where the passages are from on the real MCAT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mytoechondriac

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if they tell you where the verbal passages are from, like they do on the AAMC practice CBT. It helps me understand the main idea when I look at where it's from, so this is why I'm wondering. So... yay or nay?? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if they tell you where the verbal passages are from, like they do on the AAMC practice CBT. It helps me understand the main idea when I look at where it's from, so this is why I'm wondering. So... yay or nay?? Thanks

They do, but I doubt you'll end of gaining much info from it. Other than going home and reading the rest of the article if it actually interested you and putting yourself through more MCAT hell.... :laugh:

Gradu8in is right! You won't gain much from that info.

I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that even though the AAMC cites their verbal source material on the MCAT, it is NOT okay to re-post the passages themselves, or links to passages on SDN after your test. Other than that, keep working at your studying, and keep plugging away at those verbal passages! Good luck on your exam!

I remember when I had a passage on literary theory, and because I had taken a course on the subject, I looked up the author and could answer most of the questions without reading the passage...I still checked the passage to make sure it was consistent with what I knew, and it was.

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember when I had a passage on literary theory, and because I had taken a course on the subject, I looked up the author and could answer most of the questions without reading the passage...I still checked the passage to make sure it was consistent with what I knew, and it was.
That's lucky... I hope I get something I'm familiar with. One of the AAMC practice tests had a passage interpreting Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, which I had read and analyzed for a class. That was a pretty easy passage, because I was familiar with the plot.

That's funny.... I realize the AAMC needs to keep their material confidential as the re use questions from time to time....

But given that they're citing from an article....

Where do they get the ability to prevent a person form posting that article from the original source online..... or do they actually purchase the articles they use?

I have no intention on spilling MCAT material, I just find it interesting from a legal perspective.